Frequently Asked Questions
RBS BC focuses on getting you business, the RBS BC is not about networking that we do at the sundowners.
What does it cost to join?
New membership fees and renewals are $260 per year (just over $21 per month) includes:
- No Cost to you to attend Business Seminars/Workshops including up to three free guests
- Your business showcased on our website including a link to your website
- Your business showcased on our Facebook page
- Connecting you with other professionals whose goal is to refer you
- An opportunity to present to the members your business.
- A tax deductible receipt
- A fortnightly breakfast meeting that follows an agenda
- RBS BC reductions or NO cost for attending our other events
Who determines if a member is accepted?
We have a few factors that determine membership, firstly you have to be fully registered and if you need licences they have to be in place, we support home-based businesses, not backyarders. If you are a duplicate business as RBS BC does allow on occasion secondary industry applications then that is approved by the current member who holds that category, so far duplicate categories have worked well. You must be ethical and have a good reputation and above all be a positive person. Grumble bums are not accepted into the breakfast club.
How often do I have to turn up?
We expect you to turn up 85% of the time.
If you are unable to attend we do not ask for replacements as the club is interested in YOU over your business.
What are some of the benefits of joining?
- You get to promote you at every meeting
- You are promoted on our website and our Facebook page
- We will have educational business guest speakers
- Your business will be given an opportunity to have a 15 minute showcase
- You will be moved each event so that you are sitting and meeting new people constantly
- There are two of the same category in each industry, it is agreed that not everyone is for everyone therefore you should not be obligated to promote someone just because your both in a group. Having someone in the same industry can be beneficial if embraced as you can learn and share from those in your industry.
- The RBS BBC is about the respect and trust that comes from taking the time to get to know each other
- Networking gets you business
- Meeting other business operators keeps you motivated and excited about your business
- You will learn from and support each other
- Because we ask you at each meeting to stand up and give an introduction, you will improve your presentation skills and boost your confidence all whilst gaining referrals and new clients
- You will form strong relationships with professional people who are there for the same reason
- BBC members get to know each other, people want to work with those they know, like and trust, and this generates recommendations and referrals for your products and services.
- Our fortnightly meetings provide you a professionally structured environment that is relaxed and pressure free.
Who is in your membership currently?
Electrical, Building Inspection, Personal Fitness, Assault Course, Gym, Banking Services, Business Accountants,
Remedial Massage and Bowen Therapy, Financial Planning, Graphic Designer, Cabinet Maker, Handyman Services, Mobile Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy, Kinesiology, Counselling, Motor Bike Sales and Spare Parts, Furniture, Computers and Electrical, Hearing Support, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Safety, Mechanic, Car Air Conditioning, Electrical, Accountant and Tax Agent, Naturopath, Facebook Business Training, Facebook Marketing Specialist and Management, Bookkeeping, Art Décor Shop, Limousine Operator, Menopause Specialist, Counsellor, Dentist, Chiropractor, Legal Solutions, Hotel Motel Conference Centre, Business Coach, Function Centre and Accommodation, Financial Planning, Event Catering, Networking Coordinator, Copywriter and content writer, Printer, Computer repairs and service, Relationship Marketing SendOutCards, Window Cleaners, Website and SEO Specialist, Church and Venue Hire, Builders & Developers (Modular), Podiatry, Promotional Products, Customer Service Trainer and Behavioural Specialist, Residential Home Loans, Day Spa and Beauty Salon, Plumbing and Gas, General Insurance, Travel & Holiday Specialist
Who owns RBS?
RBS would not be what it is today without the vision of its' two leaders, Carol Frieling and Sharyn McCaskey
"We believe that bringing business owners together offers a fabulous support for each other and for the community, a great source of inspiration, business and motivation"
http://www.businesssundowners.com.au/#!about-the-owners/c4nz has more details about Carol and Sharyn.
What are the rules?
- Whilst you won’t be expelled for missing one meeting, you may be asked to explain if you miss two, three meetings missed means you may be replaced.
- If you’re unable to attend you must let us know via text by the Monday prior.
- You will be honest in your representation of skills, knowledge, services and products
- You will hold all relevant licences and council approvals in order to trade
- You will work competently and diligently for your associates and members
- When acting within the confines of RBS BBC you will comply with all applicable Australian laws;
- You will maintain appropriate confidentiality about dealings with fellow RBS BBC associates
- You will disclose, and take reasonable steps to avoid, any conflict of interest (real or apparent) in connection with RBS BBC Associates
- You will at all times act in a way that upholds the values and the integrity and good reputation of RBS
Can I just turn up?
Yes you can but I would prefer if you can a call on 0408863331 or email Rockinghambusinesssundowners@iinet.net.au to let us know so that we can welcome you and cater accordingly.